Duration: 40 minutes
- 12 oz. phyllo knafeh dough (shredded)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp, rose water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, add shredded phyllo knafeh dough and 2 tbsps. unsalted butter. Mix well.
- In a pan, add water with sugar, rose water, and lemon juice. Boil until dissolved for about 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Add a cube on unsalted butter in a pan. Now spread half of the kadayif noodles on the bottom of the pan. Press with the spoon.
- Spread mozzarella cheese on top. Layer with rest of the kadayif. Press gently to make a flat round shape. Fry for about 5 minutes till the bottom turn golden in color. Place a flat platter on top and turn the pan upside down.
- Add another cube of unsalted butter in a pan. Fry the other side for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the lame and pour the sugar syrup on top.
- Garnish with pistachios.
- Fahad Shariff