Duration: 40 minutes
- 3 tbsps. ghee
- ½ cup dry dates (soaked for 1 hour)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 8 to 10 almonds (soaked, peeled)
- 8 to 10 pistachios (soaked)
- ½ cup vermicelli (crushed)
- 1 liter milk
- ½ tsp. cardamom seeds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup dried coconut (chopped)
- 1 tsp. kewra water
- Add a tablespoon of ghee in a pan. Let it melt and add dry dates, almonds and pistachios to fry. Set aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee and fry crushed vermicelli in it until they turn soft.
- Pour 1 liter milk in a pan. Allow it to boil on medium flame. Now add cardamom seeds, sugar, and dried coconut with occasional stirring. Add in fried nuts and fried vermicelli. Mix well.
- Add kewra water in the mixture. Stir the mixture constantly while it cooks for a few minutes.
- Garnish with crushed pistachios on top.
- Fahad Shariff