Fatayer Samoosa - Luminarc
Duration: 40 minutes
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Handful spinach (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- ½ cup tomato (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. sumac
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Now add olive oil and water. Mix well until a smooth doughy texture is obtained. Keep the dough aside for 45 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, add roughly chopped spinach salt, onion, tomato, sumac, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix everything together. Set the filling aside.
- Prepare the space for flattening the dough. Sprinkle some flour and spread it across the space nicely. Take a large chunk from the dough and flatten it with a rolling pin. Cut out circles from the dough and remove the access. Repeat the process for more.
- Fill the circular dough pieces with the spinach filling. Bring the edges to meet on top and press them together. Now, being the remaining two edges on sides to meet and press them together as well. You will now have triangular shapes with sealed edges on top.
- Place the samosas on a baking dish. Place them in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Fahad Shariff