Balaleet Traditional Emirati recipe - Luminarc
Duration: 30 minutes
- 200 grams vermicelli
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tsp. cardamom powder
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 2 tbsps. roasted almonds
- In a pan, add 100 grams of vermicelli and roast over medium heat until the color changes to brown. Keep the roasted vermicelli aside.
- Now, in a medium sized pan add 100 grams of plain vermicelli and 100 grams of roasted vermicelli. Mix and let it boil. Once boiled, drain the water.
- Shift the mixture of boiled and roasted vermicelli in a separate bowl. Add sugar, and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now in a separate pan, hear some oil over medium flame. Add the vermicelli and add saffron on top. Mix and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Now heat some oil on a separate pan, add two beaten eggs. Sprinkle cardamom on top. Once the eggs are a bit cooked, scramble the eggs into poeces. Cook until well done.
- Mix the scrambled eggs with vermicelli.
- Garnish with roasted almonds on top.
- Fahad Shariff