Umm Ali - Luminarc
Duration: 40 minutes
- 8- 10 pieces white bread
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup powdered milk
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- ½ tsp. cardamom powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Almonds (chopped)
- Pistachios (chopped)
- Cut our small circles from each slice of white bread.
- Pour oil in a frying pan and fry the bread from both sides till golden brown.
- In a pan, boil water and add 1 cup sugar to it. Let it boil some more till sugar is dissolved to form a syrup. Set it aside.
- In another pan, pour milk and add 1 cup sugar on medium flame. Let it cook for a few minutes. Add powdered milk and mix well.
- Stir in corn flour mixed with milk and cardamom powder. Cook for a minute.
- Line the tray with fried bread pieces.
- Pour sugar syrup on top and sprinkle desiccated coconut pistachios and almonds.
- Now pour the prepared mixture on top. Garnish with some pistachios, desiccated coconut and honey
- Fahad Shariff