Duration: 80 minutes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 pound grounded beef
- 4 tbsps. tomato paste
- 1 packet boiled pasta
- Cheese (mashed)
- 1 egg
- Place a pan over low flame. Melt butter and add flour with continuous whisking. Now add three cups of milk. Whisk after adding each cup of milk. Keep whisking the mixture until a thick consistency is obtained.
- Now in a separate pan, add oil and sauté onion over medium-low flame for about 1 to 2 minutes. Now add beef to the pan and mix well. Add tomato paste and let it cook until the brown color is obtained or the meat is fully cooked.
- Boil a packet of pasta and drain. Add milk and flour paste and mix well.
- Brush the baking dish with some oil. Layer with some flour paste. Now add a layer of pasta. Add beef as the third layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle cheese on top. Then add another layer of pasta.
- Now add an egg in the remaining flour and milk paste. Mix well. Add the paste on top o the pasta.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes at a temperature of 250 degrees.
- Fahad Shariff