Stuffed Egg Plant
Duration: 60 minutes
- 5 tbsps. oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- ½ lbs. ground beef
- 1 tsp. stew seasoning
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 bunch French parsley
- 3 or 4 eggplant
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- In a pan over medium flame, add 2 tbsps. oil, garlic and onion. Saute for a minute. Now add ground beef to the pan. Mix well.
- Now add stew seasoning, salt, chili powder, and tomato paste. Mix everything together. Cover with a lid and let it cook half way. Add in parsley and mix well. Cook until well done.
- Now peel alternate layers of the eggplants. Add cuts to the peeled portions only to insert the filling.
- In a separate pan add 2 tbsps. oil and heat. Add in the eggplants and cover the lid. Let them fry until color changes.
- Fill the fried eggplants with filling. You may use toothpicks to hold the filling inside.
- Now add 1 tbsp. oil in a pan. Layer it with sliced tomatoes. Add filled eggplants on top and then add another layer of sliced tomatoes.
- Place the pan on the stove and cook over medium flame for about 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Fahad Shariff